With your use of our products and services, we (LOTC) can collect information from and about you. Think of the information that we collect when using our (mobile) website, app, and other services, such as online promotions, events and competitions and loyalty programs. We do this in order to make our products and services increasingly better.
The provision of personal data is not always mandatory
You are not obliged to disclose your personal data when you purchase a product or service from us. You have the choice at all times whether you want to enter your personal data or not. However, in order to use some of our products and services, entering personal data is necessary.
Types of data
When offering products and services, we can process personal data of customers and visitors/users of our (mobile) website, app and other services, such as online promotions, events, and promotions, competitions and loyalty programs. It differs per product/service whether, and if so, which (personal data we can process).
Roughly there are four ways in which we (can) collect personal data:
- Creating a (LOTC) account on a (mobile) website or in an app: this process processes the personal data you provide us with when you create the account / where you have given us access (when using a social login); such as your email address and username;
- Applying for products/services via our (mobile) website and app (for example requesting an email newsletter): this involves processing information that you have provided to us trough the website; like your email address;
- Use of our (mobile) website and app: this includes information about your use of our (mobile) website and app, such as the visited pages and the advertisements that have been shown and the advertisements you clicked on. From that information we can derive your possible interests;
- Use of our app: processes personal data that you have entered trough the app, or information that you have provided us with access to yourself (such as location data).
Are all these data collected for all products and services I purchase from LOTC? Finally, your data may in some cases be combined by us with data collected in connection with your purchase or use of various of our products or services or with information from external sources (such as demographic and geographical segments). On the basis of all this information, we draw up a profile so that we can better serve you and the content of our products and services to better attune to your interests.
If you object to the exchange and combining of your personal data within LOTC, you can report this via firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- for the realization and execution of an agreement concluded with you;
- to provide you with the agreed services, products and/or information, and to adapt these to your needs and wishes;
- to give you the opportunity to post and exchange information on our website or, if the website offers the possibility to contact other users;
- if it concerns a paid service/product, to invoice. We never publish financial information on a website, nor are we made available to third parties for purposes other than the execution of the agreement.
- When payment is not made for our products or services, we can, for example, place the claim in the hands of third parties, such as a debt collection agency;
- to make targeted offers, eg trough email. It is also possible, for example, to display an advertisement of a product on a website or in an app of which we suspect that you are interested in the basis of data processed by us. In the context of the optimization of making offers we can draw up a profile of you;
- to send you a newsletter, offer, user information, service message or other electronic messages;
- we may rent (name and address) data to third parties that can offer you products, services or information (see further under ‘Sharing and disclosing personal data’);
- to analyze, maintain, optimize and secure our (mobile) website, app, and associated technologies and to prevent fraud; to comply with the laws and regulations that apply to us and to handle disputes and have auditing carried out;
- to conduct market research and to prepare management information for product and service development and for determining the (general) strategy;
Here, not all data is always processed for the same purposes. For example, some data is only stored for billing purposes or for the provision of the requested service, while other data can be used, as well as for analyzing and improving the use of our websites and for making a specific offer. In principle, we keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the above-mentioned purposes, or to comply with legal (storage) obligations.
Sharing and representing personal data
Your address details (name, street, house number, postcode and/or telephone number) can also be provided to carefully selected third parties for sending information and offers by telephone and/or by mail (eg ‘list rental’).
We can select these third parties based on the information we have collected about your product collection, internet behavior and/or subscriptions. These third parties will then use your details to make your offers that they expect those offers to suit your interests. If you do not appreciate such information or offers, we will block your details to do so if you so request. Please contact email@example.com (or see further contact details under ‘Contact’).
‘List rental’. Do we share your address details with third parties?
Only if you have given us (unambiguous) permission for this, can we send you information and offers from third parties by email about their products and services.
For the targeted purchase of online advertising space, we can offer third parties (advertisers) the possibility to use the segments in which we have arranged visitors (based on the personal data collected by us). For example, an advertiser can indicate that his shampoo advertisement should only be shown to women in the 18-35 age group. The advertiser can – without actually receiving the data himself – advertise specifically (otherwise the advertiser is also contractually prohibited from collecting the data (in) directly). Advertisers can use this on our website, but also outside of it.
In special cases, we may, without your permission, provide personal information to third parties. Special cases include, for example, legitimate requests by authorities, subpoenas or court orders, actions to detect or prevent damage or fraud, or actions to ensure the security of our platform and our services.
How does that work?
We may also provide personal data to so-called processors who deliver products or services to you at your request, whereby (unless otherwise stated) your personal data will only be used for the performance of that delivery obligation. These processors are not entitled to use this data for their own purposes.
Finally, we can share certain anonymized data with third parties, such as the number of users who searched for a particular search term, or how many users clicked on a particular ad. You can not be identified on the basis of this data.
for statistical purposes. Among other things to see how often the website is visited, through which website (s) visitors ended up on our website and which pages are visited on a website;
(if you have given permission to do so) to better tailor advertisements on our website, you visit your needs and interests, to avoid seeing a particular ad too often and to record how often an ad is shown.
Technical explanation of the cookies used for this purpose.
If you have disabled cookies via your browser settings, there is a chance that certain functions will not work or that you will not be able to use certain services. In any case, you will see the cookie information bar on every page since our website cannot save (in a cookie) that you have visited the website before and possibly even made a choice between accepting cookies or not.
As mentioned earlier, we may exchange personal data processed by us with group companies and combine your personal data with data collected in the context of your purchase or use of our products or services (or products or services of group companies). This also concerns surf data collected via cookies.
The advertisements on our website are now placed on it by LOTC.
With a limited number of parties, we have different agreements with respect to the above.
We maintain at all times a security level in the processing of personal data which, in view of the state of the art, is sufficient to prevent unauthorized access to, adaptation, disclosure or loss of personal data. Think of both technical and organizational measures (such as encryption of data, access control to our locations, and limited group of employees who have access to the data, etc.).
Children younger than 16 years
Resistance, acces, modification, and deletion of personal data
As soon as possible after receiving your request, we will inform you if and how, and if not why, we will grant your request.